Additional Class Info
- Courtney English is the Owner and Artistic Director, and head instructor of Carolina Dance Company. Mrs. Courtney has a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Dance Education from East Carolina University and over 30 years of dance experience. She has over 15 years of teaching and coaching experience including 3 years as dance instructor and dance team coach at Wake Forest-Rolesville High School in Wake Forest, NC and 5 years as Head Dance Team Coach at Methodist University in Fayetteville, NC. The fall of 2019 will mark the beginning of Mrs. Courtney’s 11th year as studio owner at Carolina Dance Company.
- All Clogging Classes are taught by Erica Freeman, former North Carolina State University Wolfpack Clogging Team President and member. Mrs. Erica is a native of Hickory, NC and has over 20 years of traditional and contemporary clogging experience. She is an alum of Sims Country Cloggers based out of Hickory, NC and has competed on behalf of both the Sims Country Cloggers and the NCSU Wolfpack Clogging Team at local, state and national competitions. Ms. Erica began her career with Carolina Dance Company in January of 2012. The 2019-2020 dance season will be Ms. Erica’s 9th year as Clogging Instructor for Carolina Dance Company.
- All Hip-Hop classes are taught by Ms. Sara Hall, Carolina Dance Company veteran dancer. Ms. Sara has a bachelor’s degree from Peace University in Raleigh, NC and over 10 years of dance experience. Ms. Sara will begin her 3rd year as hip-hop instructor at CDC with the 2019-2020 dance season.
- Dancers are initially placed in a dance class based on age and school grade. Instructors reserve the right to alter a dancer’s schedule and placement based on experience and progress. Classes must have 5 dancers enrolled by September 1 for the class to be kept on the fall schedule.
- All pre-school, kindergarten and 1st grade classes will have one high-school aged teaching assistant; 2nd-5th grade classes may have an assistant based on need.
- Dancers are allowed four absences per semester (September-December; January-April). Regular class attendance is required to participate in the annual spring recital.
- Dancers will not have the opportunity to make up missed classes; Additionally, there is no discount or refund given for missed instruction time.
- Enrollment at Carolina Dance Company is based on a 8 month schedule (September-April) regardless of the number of classes in the month. Tuition is due on the first class of every month. Please see the Tuition & Fee’s tab for more information on payments.
- Carolina Dance Company will follow the Sampson County Schools Inclement Weather Policy with respect to weather related closings. Every effort will be made to make up classes missed due to weather in a timely fashion.