Additional Class Info
- All ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, hip-hop, cheer, tumbling, pre-school clogging and creative movement classes are taught by Courtney Long, Owner and Artistic Director of Carolina Dance Company. Ms. Courtney has a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Dance Education from East Carolina University and over 25 years of dance experience. She has over 7 years of teaching and coaching experience including 3 years as dance instructor and dance team coach at Wake Forest-Rolesville High School in Wake Forest, NC and 4 years as Head Dance Team Coach at Methodist University in Fayetteville, NC. The fall of 2014 will mark the beginning of Ms. Courtney's 5th year as studio owner at Carolina Dance Company.
- All Clogging Classes (exception: pre-school clogging) are taught by Erica Starnes, North Carolina State University Wolfpack Clogging Team President and current member. Miss Erica is a native of Hickory, NC and has over 15 years of traditional and contemporary clogging experience. She is an alum of Sims Country Cloggers based out of Hickory, NC and has competed on behalf of both the Sims Country Cloggers and the NCSU Wolfpack Clogging Team at local, state and national competitions. Miss Erica began her career with Carolina Dance Company in January of 2012. The 2013-2014 dance season will be Miss Erica's 3rd year as Clogging Instructor for Carolina Dance Company.
- Dancers are initially placed in a dance class based on age and school grade. Instructors reserve the right to alter a dancer's schedule and placement based on experience and progress.
- All pre-school, kindergarten and 1st grade classes will have one high-school aged teaching assistant; 2nd-5th grade classes may have an assistant based on need.
- Dancers are allowed four absences per semester (September-December; January-May). Regular class attendance is required to participate in the annual spring recital.
- Dancers will not have the opportunity to make up missed classes; Additionally, there is no discount or refund given for missed instruction time.
- Enrollment at Carolina Dance Company is based on a 9 month schedule (September-May) regardless of the number of classes in the month. Tuition is due on the first class of every month. Please see the Tuition & Fees tab for more information on payments.
- Carolina Dance Company follows the Sampson County Schools schedule with respect to Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter/Spring Break holidays. Class will be in session on all other holidays as well as teacher work days.
- Carolina Dance Company will follow the Sampson County Schools Inclement Weather Policy with respect to weather related closings. Every effort will be made to make up classes missed due to weather in a timely fashion.